Home Football Burnley hold Liverpool to 1-1 draw, Norwich relegated after 4-0 West Ham...

Burnley hold Liverpool to 1-1 draw, Norwich relegated after 4-0 West Ham loss

Sadio Mane in action

Jay Rodriguez’s goal and the heroics of goalkeeper Nick Pope helped Burnley come from behind to earn a 1-1 draw with champions Liverpool and end the Reds’ winning run at Anfield.

Andrew Robertson headed Liverpool into a 34th-minute lead, brilliantly sending Fabinho’s cross beyond Pope.

In first-half stoppage time, Mohamed Salah’s touch set up Sadio Mane but his shot was superbly saved by Pope.

Roberto Firmino almost had his first home Premier League goal this season, but his strike four minutes into the second half hit the post.

Burnley were level on 69 minutes after Rodriguez brought down James Tarkowski’s headed pass, before turning and firing into the bottom left corner.

Pope again denied Salah before substitute Johann Gudmundsson struck the woodwork, as the Clarets halted Liverpool’s 24-match winning sequence at home.

The Reds move on to 93 points, while Burnley are up to ninth place with 50.

Meanwhile, it was long faces at Carrow Road, as Norwich City were relegated from the Premier League as Michail Antonio scored all four goals in an away win for West Ham United.

Antonio gave the visitors an 11th-minute lead at Carrow Road when he stroked in Issa Diop’s flick-on, before adding a second in first-half stoppage time with a header from Mark Noble’s free-kick.

Nine minutes after the restart, Antonio’s first career hat-trick came when he headed in after his initial effort had been saved by Tim Krul.

He then became the first player to score four times in an away match since Harry Kane at Leicester City in April 2017 as he swept home a Ryan Fredericks cross.

It means the Canaries drop out of the Premier League for a record fifth time, but boosts West Ham’s chances of safety as they climb six points above the bottom three.

In the other match, Troy Deeney scored two second-half penalties as Watford came from behind to beat Newcastle United 2-1 at Vicarage Road and boost their hopes of staying up.

Newcastle made the breakthrough on 23 minutes when Matt Ritchie’s corner was flicked on by Federico Fernandez for Dwight Gayle to finish.

Danny Welbeck looked to have put Watford ahead, but his effort was pushed on to the post by Martin Dubravka before being cleared off the line by Jamaal Lascelles.

Seven minutes after half-time, Deeney emphatically converted from 12 yards after Kiko Femenia had been brought down by Ritchie.

On 82 minutes Deeney netted his second spot-kick of the match after a trip on Ismaila Sarr by Javier Manquillo.

The result keeps Watford in 17th on 34 points, level with West Ham United and six points clear of the bottom three.

Newcastle are 13th on 43 points.